Monday, October 25, 2010

Uhhh

I really don't have much to say about this week. We played risk again and that was okay I guess. A lot of people REALLY got into the game. Maybe a little too much, but its over now. I had fun, but I'm happy that it's over at the same time. I did learn somethings though. For the most part I found that I was not really big on realism. However, other people in the game were heavy on the realist side of IR and I found that I was beginning to take that view just to protect myself. That just makes me think that the IR theory needed to be successful is not set in stone. These things probably change depending on how others act on the world stage. If all other states are realists a state that is more constructivist might not be able to thrive. I really am curious. If we wanted the world to follow one main theory, should we just have more of it, and pressure the others into joining. Would it work like peer pressure works. "This is the cool thing to do." or " Look everyone else is doing it." Or do these views just arise from necessity. " We have to think this way because everyone else is"

No comments:

Post a Comment