Sunday, October 31, 2010

Good weekend

I'm not sure how much more awesome this weekend could have been. The rally was amazing. It would have been really good if they hadn't brought out the musicians they did. Really though, I don't think there will ever be another time when that group of people will all be together for the same cause. Cat Stevens (okay fine, Yusuf Islam,) Ozzie Osbourne, Kid Rock, Sheryl Crow, John Legend, the Mythbusters, and everyone else there made it worth going, even if you don't like John Stewart or Steven Colbert (do people like that exist?).
There were a lot of great signs too. I won't bother putting up pictures of them, as I'm sure most of you saw the good ones, but here's the one that Alyssa, Fiona, Colin, and I made.
It reads: "I didn't have time to think of a catchy slogan because I was too busy becoming an educated voter."

Pretty much everyone I know on the east coast came to the rally, although I didn't see any of them in the crowd. It didn't help that no one's phones were working. I did get to briefly see my twin sister and my friend from Pittsburgh, though, which was nice.

It's also halloween weekend, which usually makes everything better. Going to class in costume on Friday was fun, although by far the best part was when Scott walked in as PTJ. Our batman characters in class were probably the best dressed otherwise. And although I got no sleep the night before the rally, it was worth it for our batman movie marathon. And I went to the Rocky Horror Picture Show yesterday, which may have been the strangest thing I've ever seen, but it was fun.

Today is actual halloween, and I'm hoping that it will be as good as (or better than) this weekend has already been. I'm not sure how possible that is with the amount of work I have left to do, but if there's one thing I learned this weekend, it's that sleep is just a little bit overrated. We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment