Sunday, October 24, 2010

Family

After many hours (I kid you not) of intense negotiations, a plan was created and executed that wiped Red completely off the board. It was a very good turn of events for every other team, mine included, although I am not at all happy that the divine power of PTJ has caused the plague to spread into my group's territory. The plague is also dangerously close to both Yellow and Black as well, so I hope that some form of agreement can be reached in order to contain it.

On a different subject, it's parents' weekend. Now that it's Sunday, parents are finally leaving. It was nice getting to see people's parents and compare them to their children ("there's no way those are his real parents, they're so normal"), and Scott baked a lot of food for them, including cookies, scones, and pumpkin pie. It was really nice and completely unnecessary. I don't really understand why he keeps being so nice to all of us. Not that I'm complaining, or anything. But seriously Scott, at least let me wash the dishes for you. 

Parents' weekend for me was really more like "mom-and- mom's friend-and-uncles-and-aunt-and-cousins-and-second-cousins-and-other-family-I've-never-met weekend." Apparently I have long-lost relatives in Bethesda, so I went up there for a really expensive dinner last night. So that was decent. I also found out today that my sister was in DC this weekend and didn't tell me. Which was stupid. But I actually woke up before noon today! Exciting news. I have a lot of work to do now, though, since I haven't done anything all weekend. So I'm going to start doing that....

No comments:

Post a Comment