Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The world will be ours, will be be satisfied with the state in which it is handed down to us?

The world will soon be ours to mold and to control. I sit back in class and I hear how people explain the world. I hear them say, “ This is how it is.” I hear people say that in this world today it is naïve to believe in the good in humanity. They say that the leader of countries around the world do not act with the interest of humanity in mind, only preservation of power. I hear people say that kind actions are seldom ever done out of true kindness. I ask you all, is this the world you wish to live in. Soon and very soon the time of our fathers generation will be up, the way of the world will not be decided for us, we will not sit in classrooms talking about the state of the world around us. We will be creating this world. Policies will be made from our actions, agreements, treaties, peace; prosperity will be achieved through our means. I do not wish to live in a world where helping your neighbor is placed under scrutiny. I do not wish to live in a world where the heart has no place in politics. I do not wish to live in a world where we do not recognize humanity in others, its all strategy and not compassion. I do not want a leader who does not ask him self, “What if that was me?” People say to live in this world is not possible that we never know what people are thinking and this is very true. I speak of the future that our generation can make. Change starts with the thoughts. If we change the way we think we can change the world. The lens we use to see the world inhibits us from seeing the world as the world in its entirety not just of states and sovereign bodies. We automatically create divisions we see as un crossable boundaries. I see the world as a place where boundaries can be blurred by one thing everyone has in common. Are we not all human, do we not all desire to live a life of abundance? Let our respect for humanity transcend cultural differences, religious intolerance, and regional conflicts. I desire to live in a world where different is not wrong different is just different. The good of these different people is no longer just a figment of the imagination, or the minority of choices in a given situation. Lets create a world where optimism can survive.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THIS PICTURE! Also, if I may add,your writing is like honey, dear. The world needs optimists like you. Our WP class will give us the tools to make changes happen.

    ReplyDelete