Monday, August 30, 2010

The Way This Week Made Me feel

This past week I found myself asking the question, "How have all these professionals, scholars, and successful people made it through college?"Most of the things I read are not interesting to me, but professors tell me they are so important in my learning process. How Soccer Explains the World was not my favorite book. I actually found it REALLY hard to read without falling asleep. During the class discussion, I did not have a lot of comments, but I felt my addition to the discussion was appropriate. The U.S is a place where disagreement is acceptable. It is essentially a part of what it means to be an American. We have various political parties, protests, interest groups etc. Although we have disagreements and fractions among the people, most express their dissent in ways alternative to violence. We do not use soccer and other sports as a way for citizens to disagree about things of a political nature. While reading I also noticed that many other countries use soccer as a stimulus for their economy and tourism on a global scale. It made me wonder what the U.S's mode of global outreach in order to expand economy and tourism etc.? If you have any answers PLEASE comment :)


No comments:

Post a Comment