Monday, December 6, 2010

My Last Reflection

so..all good things come to an end and this is no different. People always say that so I thought I'd use it too :) I enjoyed world politics class. I enjoyed the fact that everyone had different views, yet were not blind to the valid points other people made. Being in the class helped me figure out how I actually felt about certain issues, like education, the definition of poverty, development, sovereignty, identity ect. I did not come into the class knowing alot about realism, liberalism, or constructivism. I did not look at cnn or read a newspaper everyday. I could not and still can't spout quotes about history. I do feel that I have narrowed down a few things that I am interested in pursuing further. World Politics was a starting point giving me the basis to look further into the global world from my own point of view, in my own way. I still don't know what I want to do but, I'm learning what I like and what I don't like. Which means I am moving in the right direction. Thank You to PTJ and Erin and others in my class teaching a little something something about world politics :) I may have learned what I don't like, but I know I still want to do international studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment